Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Catch Up-State of the Stash

Blogger is not playing nicely.  Lost my first post.

My life has been taken over by harvest.   I am thinking about making another pan of jumbo size rice krispie bars.   The ones that use 12 cups of cereal to a pan.  Why??  They're easy.  Pack well in field lunches.  Don't require a fork or plate to eat them.  No refrigeration.  And, I have 3 jumbo bags of cereal.  Yeah, I know.  Overkill. 

To keep my sanity I have been practicing applique.  Different shapes.  Some day I may even incorporate applique into a quilt.  I like making vines and leaves, so a quilt with a bit of that winding in a border may work.  Here are a few I'm worked on lately---


The bottom block needs a flower at the bottom.  Jay, recognize the blue polka dots?  I think it was a pocket in its former life!  I wasn't able to attend Jay's Heartstrings Sew In on Saturday.  I thought about them all day!  Jay and Julia--I plan to see you later on, a trip south (Nebraska!)  So Jay, save those scraps, it's hard for me to find quilting mojo without them.  

State of my stash?  Hmm--best figuring I'm about even for the year.  I'm happy.  My blogging and sewing have all been slowed by my body.  Carpal tunnel and arm/shoulder problems.  Aging body and all that!  I'm catching up on blogs, I'm reading but not commenting much--blank brain! 

And before I forget--Happy Birthday to my sister Kathy!!




3 comments:

Jay in Nebraska said...

It was a pocket more than likely, I recognize that as my Granma's duster. LOL I cut them up and made a Star Quilt with them, and a Quilt of Valor Julia has now.

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Yeah, that aging body thing I could do without!!! There are days, like last night & today when every joint & muscle in my body aches. I think I'll order some elk antler velvet capsules. A friend's DH has been taking them for a really bad ankle & she says he hasn't complained of pain since shortly after he started taking them. They sound like voodoo or something, but hey, if they work.....

MightyMom said...

ooooo I love those RK treats!! are you gonna make the kind with chocolate and peanutbutter??

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...