Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Practice Block

Earlier this week I was paper piecing a star blockWhen I was ready to put the 'parts' together, I realized I had my colors in the wrong places.  And, I did a stash reduction.  I was frustrated.  I threw the pieces away!  Next I found a different block to practice.  Simple but not used very often.  Its called Star and Moon.  My practice block is in pink/white.  


This block is very simple, but I like it for a sampler star quilt.  My star swap blocks will be blue/white and I have a fussy cut fabric for the center.   What do you think?  The blocks finish at 12".   Making a practice block is fun.  What if I had made a set of swap blocks like my paper pieced one! Aaarrrggghhh!  The center circle (moon) is hand appliqued.   That pink block will go in the pile of blocks I have stashed for a sampler quilt.  Henrietta said she is going to set them into a top when she visits me. 

Weather forecast this week is for more rain/possibly snow.  Spring--where are you??




 

3 comments:

Julianne's Machine Quilting said...

I like the block.

Brenda said...

I love star blocks and that one is great.

Vicki W said...

Spring is here in Virginia. I'll ask her to visit you soon!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...