Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Goals

I haven't fallen off a twig, I just haven't been near a WiFi spot.  There is great WiFi at the Library, a separate room with tables and handy electric outlets--that's where I am now.  

These fellows are busy staking out territories.  One male is busy most days sitting on the side of Ric's or my vehicle--fighting with his reflection in the rear view mirrors.  

photo from internet
Its still chilly, I have had the heat on until this afternoon.  Night time temps are only in the 30's to low 40's.  I'm toasty warm at night--I have an electric blanket.  I volunteer T-Th-Fr this week.  Then I am heading home for a few days.  I HAD planned to maybe plant my garden, but we're still having rain and I doubt the tomatoes would grow much in the cold soil!  

State of the Stash--I bought 4 yards of white for background this week.  

4 yards in this week
14.75 yards In YTD
10.25 yards Out YTD
Stash Increased by 4.5 yards


Goals--


I did work on my Cherry Tree blocks this week, but didn't finish any.  


For next week--


  1. Work on Beyond the Cherry Tree blocks
  2. Start the next round of Blue/White swap blocks
  3. Work on Melissa's navy blue/white quilt


Ken is chomping at the bit getting ready to do the farmer thing.  I'm not expecting too much in the next week or so--the fields are still plenty wet.  "Compost" needs to be hauled on the garden, and the deck needs to be stained(?) preserved (?) this year.  

I miss reading blogs, but internet at the camper is iffy at best.  I just couldn't justify spending the money for something that worked once in a while.   



3 comments:

Vicki W said...

It would be cool if you get to see a Cardinal nest!

Mary said...

Internet is iffy here in GA too althgh I can go over to the fitness club. Once we make a decision about where we're going to be, the first thing I'll do is get Internet hooked up here.

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

According to Accuweather there's a frost advisory for tonight (Mon.) so I hope you had your electric blanket cranked up.

We'll soon have Telebeep wireless Internet here. I don't know if it'll be any better but at least Frontier will have some competition.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...