Friday, March 16, 2012

Motivation Friday

Time to check on my weekly goals!  I have worked on all of them except to load a quilt on the Princess.  


  1. Sew "countries" on Plaid 4 Patch--sewed a couple of countries together
  2. Finish Swoon into a top--two sashings left
  3. Load a quilt on the Princess--NOPE
  4. Pick a UFO to move one more step--blue 25 patch being worked on
  5. Fold/organize a fabric cube--put all bolts away, folded green cube
  6. Work on borders for the blue/white Jacob's Ladder--3 borders ready to sew on

Henrietta and I were in Orchard NE Tuesday night.  We didn't sew very hard--but it was great to talk and do show and tell with those ladies.  A few pictures--





 
Flicsha and Jenny had precut a project--an ironing board caddy.  Henrietta and I took our kits home with us--we were too busy talking.  Orchard Ladies--you are wonderful fun and we'll be back!~

I have a finish--Japanese Royalty BQ2--


This was a challenge from Rosewillow I started in January of 2010.   It has my favorite fabric in it--Japanese Royalty--sitting in groups and gossiping.  It required lots of planning to make sure all those people are sitting up--you turn the blocks after adding the green and white strips.  The pattern calls it a "large lap''--so I think it will be a wall quilt.  I have a bit of that fabric left--you will find a piece of it in most scrap quilts I make. 

The weather has been beautiful--70's and 80's here.  Windows are open during the day, but it still cools down at night.  All us Midwest natives are a bit confused--but we'll enjoy it anyway!

How has your week been?  





2 comments:

Jay in Nebraska said...

I like that finished Quilt...green and your favorite fabric...must equal a quilt you really like!

Nancy said...

The quilting on your BQ2 is beautiful. Nice job!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...