Saturday, October 20, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Checking On Weekly Goals

Brown is one of my favorite colors, so making some brown blocks was easy.  I had to stop myself or I would have made so many blocks I could have done an all brown quilt!

36 Patches

Spinner Blocks

4 Patches
 Check everyone's progress at soscrappy!

My weekly goals??
  1. sew two yo-yo blocks--sort of
  2. lay out Square in a Square blocks--I think I need more
Today I'm going to play in the sewing room.  Its been a while since I made some blocks "just because".  Several quilting programs playing on PBS channels.  Maybe I better not watch--I might be tempted to start a new project!



 

8 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful array of brown blocks. I like the idea of a brown 36 patch quilt.... I'll bet it would look wonderful!

Angie said...

All your brown blocks look great. I'm intrigued by the spinner block - don't think I've seen that one before.

Nancy said...

So, what's wrong with making a brown quilt? I think it would be fabulous!

Quilter Kathy said...

These are great blocks! Nice to find a quilter who likes brown and will round out the variety of quilts being made.

Pokey said...

Well, since you named brown as a favorite, I would think you would be pleased with a quilt all in brown! All your squares shown equal up to lots of piecing fun. It's nice to see so much accomplished, good going!
:-}pokey

Elly D said...

All your brown blocks look wonderful! I must try me some spinner blocks one day. I like how they turn out. Sewing just because.. great idea for fun.

Alycia said...

I love your browns!!!

Lori said...

I'll have to try some browns, I have very little of browns, lots of brights. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...