Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Stash Report--Week 11

Time to update my numbers--

Stash in--13 yards
Stash out--0 yards
Stash in YTD--35 yards
Stash Out YTD--17.5 yards
 

Stash is ahead 17.5 yards

I bought 5 yards for a borders, 2 yards of a  stripe to make bias bindings, one yard of green for my applique.  5 yards of background.  This week Martingale had epatterns for $1--I bought several patterns that will use my charms and noodles.  I did something I seldom do--I pushed buttons.  3 wide backings are ordered but haven't arrived yet.   Even with shipping the wide backings were only $9/yd--a good buy I think.  See everyone's stash reports at Patchwork Times.

Yesterday was National Quilting Day--how did you spend it?  Sewing?  Or perhaps like me--stash enhancing!  

6 comments:

Kate said...

It's hard to pass up sales, especially if you can get backing fabric at that price. You've got a lot of the year left to get back into the black.

I had to do housework in the morning, but I got to spend the afternoon and evening stitching in honor of National Quilting Day.

Dee Dee said...

Mr March looks great, I like the pieced border a lot.
Wide backings make quilting so much easier.
No sewing for me yesterday - Bill thinks every day is National Quilting day for me - we spent the day car shopping.

Mary-Kay said...

I wish I spent it doing either one of those things. All I could think about was that it was National Quilting Day and I really wanted to sew but family gets in the way. I have my 2 nephews here, their mother and when she left my brother showed up. Plus the rest of my family that lives here wanted to visit my ex-sister-in-law and see my brother who hasn't been home for 6 months. My brother and his 2 boys are here for the whole week. I always forget how messy boys are especially 2 teenagers.

Quilting Nonnie said...

Great buy on those backings. I couldn't have passed them up either. I managed to get in a little quilting yesterday, mostly just puttered around.

ANudge said...

Good deals I would have bought too. Now if all that you bought is designated for a project and they aren't really going to reside in your stash - why count them? LOL - I don't.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

YOu have been busy! I spent National Quilting day with hand sewing. I have been sick for over a month and so I'm just takin it easy and working on some redwork and applique!
OOOH! That Mr. March is terrific.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...