Friday, August 9, 2013

Motivation (not really) Friday

Its Friday again and nothing to show.  Nada.  Is it a summer slump?  Mostly I've just been busy.  This week Sandy and I attended the last concert in the park.  




The weather was perfect for the summer concerts--Tuesday's was gorgeous--70's, a slight breeze and no bugs!  They are held outside at the Riverside Park Amphitheater--a full crowd--the overflow brings lawn chairs.  Thank you Yankton Area Arts!

Tonight Ken and I are going to his class reunion.   Although I wanted to wear high heels (yes--I love high heels!) I know I might be doing a lot of standing, and instead I'm wearing these--


Black suede flip-flops decorated with YoYo's!  Toni thought of it and made the yoyos and buttons! Thank you Toni!

Sewing??  Well, I have made yoyos and worked on my binding--I have two sides done now.  But that's it.  I'm enjoying summer.  Next week is Riverboat Days and its going to be BUSY! 

3 comments:

Sara said...

Cute shoes! I am headed to Minnesota for a class reunion tomorrow. Yesterday and today I am babysitting. Maybe I will be too worn out to drive that far after getting up with the twins tonight.

Nancy said...

Love the yo-yos on your flip-flops - very clever!

I attended the last summer concert this week, too. I attended every one of them and liked all but one guest artist.

Went to a quilt show this afternoon - not many quilts displayed but lots of wall hangings and table runners.

katie z. said...

No bugs? I'll share some (or all) of ours!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...