Monday, March 10, 2014

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

A new project for later this month--


5" squares in pair, 4 pairs to a color family.  I pulled almost all the squares from the 5" basket, just needed to fill out the oranges and reds.   Lorri with 2R's has a project planned for the Iowa ladies who sew together.  Well, Iowa ladies and one South Dakota party crasher!  Please see everyone's design wall at Patchwork Times.

Weekly goals--
  1. quilt 9 patch top
  2. cut background squares for IA project
  3. cut pieces for Pat's challenge project
  4. make one binding
  5. cut setting triangles for Summers at the Lake
That will keep me busy.  I was in Sioux Falls for a few days, guild and playing with grandchildren.  45 minutes was spent with a "forbidden ball point pen".  Do you remember your mother not letting you use one because they didn't wash out?  



South Dakota has warmed up and most the snow is gone.  Its going to get cold again but spring is that much closer!  36 days until April 15th!  


6 comments:

Sara said...

You have me very curious about what those 5" charms are going to become. And those boys just keep getting cuter!

Denise :) said...

Oh the colors -- what a great layout of 5" squares!! :)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your grandsons are just growing up so fast. I remember you showing baby pictures of Mason!

Nancy said...

My goodness, the boys are growing!

Enjoy planning and working on your new project.

katie z. said...

The boys are so big!

My son just wrote all over his wall with crayons, so I'd say I should hide all the pens right now.

Toni Ewing said...

I am going to send you an email with a picture of my project. Just wanted you to know, so you would be looking for it. Can't wait till summer.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...