Monday, March 9, 2015

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

A Bricks and Stepping Stones top is loaded on the Princess.


Bricks and Stepping Stones
I will quilt a bit today and use it for stress relief.  B&SS is a free Quiltville pattern, my favorite "go-to" without a lot of background but uses a lot of scraps.  (and no diagonal seams makes me like it even more!)   Thank you Bonnie Hunter!  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.  

Saturday I made some "healthy" muffins.  Maybe more "improved" muffins.  

Healthy Muffins
I've had terrible carb cravings--these are Pumpkin Bran Raisin Oatmeal muffins with mostly sugar substitute.  They are pretty good.  

I've been digging through my pantos and found one I had never done--a western theme.  Cheddar Delight was quilted with it, the top is pretty busy so you really won't see the design except on the back.  But on one block the Sheriff badge shows really well.

Sheriff Badge on Cheddar Delight
Tomorrow I leave for Grandma Duty.  Not sure how much sewing I'll get done this week, but I'm taking a huge stack of binding to hand sew.  Packing my machine and piecing too, but I might not get to that this week.  

Weekly Goal--

Bind ONE quilt
RSC yellow album block

I plan to be playing with Mason and Asher.  The weather is going to be beautiful--60's and maybe 70 this week.  That means playing outside and riding bikes and walks.  No blizzard for this baby!  Yippee!!   


4 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Have lots of fun with the grand-kids! They will wear you out playing outside. The last time we did Grandma & Grandpa Duty, I spent the day wiping runny noses & by last Wed. I came down with it too. I'm pretty well over it, but now hubby has it.....and of course he acts like he's dying. I had to power through it and so will he.

Tired Teacher said...

Love the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt!

Enjoy your time with the Grands.

I'm trying a new email to see if my comments will stop bouncing. Nancy - Wyoming Breezes

Sara said...

Enjoy that grandma time! It will be wonderful.

Very cute western theme quilting design. You may have to plan a special western quilt to use it again.

Vic in NH said...

Thanks for the inspirational photos! Your Bricks & Stepping Stones looks beautiful on the Princess and thanks for the badge close up, too.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...