Monday, February 15, 2016

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Still playing with the b/w 4 patches and plain alternate squares.  


This is about 3/4 of the blocks.  I'm making a twin size boy quilt.  Consensus on Stashbusters is one sized about 75x90".  Its destined for a boys group home and I'm not sure if they have bunk beds, twin beds, or XL twin beds.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Finish the quilt on the Princess
4 Patch on design wall to a flimsy
Sew 4 rows of Beach Party together
Cut the fabrics I have ironed for Faux Log Cabin, Bricks, and whatever is left
Dye backings for flimsies
Keep working on bindings
Press some donated scraps and cut them up!

There's enough to keep me busy.  The week is already full of appointments and I'm not sure how much sewing time I'll have.

~LORI~
 

4 comments:

Andra Ridout said...

Looks great! I love scrappy quilts!

Ramona said...

This is a great idea for a boy quilt. And how nice that you are making it to donate. It will be beautiful.

Cathy said...

Its looking so pretty! I'm sure it will be well loved.

Vic in NH said...

Looking good with those 4-patches to mix it up! Sort of a variation on Bricks & Steppingstones, right? Are they 3½" or 4½"? Looks like fun!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...