Monday, May 30, 2016

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Yesterday I worked on the next Double 4 Patch quilt, the 4 patches paired with 5" charms--


Lots of B/W 4 patches but also burgundy, gold, yellow, brown, red, green, and blue.  I need 126 pairs for a quilt.  They are ready for layout the next time I sew.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

I love planting and growing things.  


A picnic table does double duty as a base for my satellite, and a place for my plants.  Tomatoes, purple/white petunias, and yellow pansies.  The bottom pots are planted with morning glory, sweet peas, moon flowers, mallow, hollyhock, and other flowers.  Most are perennials but a few annuals.  My flower beds are planted with an assortment of flower seeds--I have great faith in planting seeds!  I still need to buy some flowers to put in my pots.  

A crock pot is a handy item, I have a small one for when its just me, today I set it outside to cook--french dip sandwiches.  

Why outside?  I only have so much counter space, and there is a plug in on the outside of my camper.  It does throw off a lot of heat and it can heat outside!  

Friday there was a package in my mailbox from Trudi.  I have never met Trudy--only through email.  This winter she was making wallets and offered to send me one.  I was speechless when I opened it--





Do you see all the pockets?  The credit card slots?  The zipper pocket?  The wonderful fabrics??  Check out the quilters on the front!!  I immediately emptied my old wallet and filled this one.  It holds everything, even my cell phone!  Trudi--Thank you so much!!!  Quilters are the best people!!

Weekly Goals-- 

Sew on Double 4 Patch
Bricks & Stepping Stones

That's it, that's all I have at the camper.  Its going to be a busy week.  

~LORI~

 
 

5 comments:

Nann said...

What a wonderful gift! Lots of handy pockets (and that clasp/grommet: those can be tricky to put in). The double four-patch/nickel looks promising. Hope you have a good week, Lori.

AnnieO said...

Wonderful blocks. I like your picnic table holding the satellite--hate those on all the roofs! Crock pot cooking happens in my garage at times :) That is definitely a WOW wallet.

Sara said...

What a clever little wallet and a generous friend. Can't wait to see how your blocks will come out.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That's a wonderful wallet! Life at the camper is good!!! Are you ready for some more thunder, lightning & rain? It's on its way. Just looked at the radar map on Accuweather.

Tired Teacher said...

Trudy did a great job on the wallet. I love all the pockets and slots.

Looks like you are settling in to your home away from home. Enjoy.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...