Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Design Wall Monday, Weekly Goals

These blocks are on the design wall--


Will play with the arrangement and sew them together. I'm linking up with--


2Rs was here a couple weeks ago and we shopped.   I bought from the sale table--borders, backgrounds, and bindings.


Asher had a birthday--he's six now--


Birthday cake and ice cream was had by all!  Moustache has become part of the family.  He got a new toy--





He tolerates Max quite well--


Moustache was sleeping on the couch and Max decided it was cuddle time.  

There's been lots of sewing here.  I finished putting together another set of Irish chain blocks from years ago--


It needs borders yet, one of these days I'll have a border sewing day.  For fun I made two Garlic Knot blocks--


just because I wanted to! 

Weekly Goals--

Sew Jelly Roll Twist blocks together
Cut more Irish Chain Challenge Strips
Look at a 30's fabric UFO  

More than enough for this week. Christmas is coming and I'm not ready!  

~LORI~ 

6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your grandkids are growing up so fast...I remember when the first one was just a baby! It's good their kitty likes them and cuddles. My granddaughter was so happy to get her kitty, now she says she wants a lovey kitty not a bitey kitty. Not much sewing going on here, just some bowl cozies for my oldest granddaughter and the grab bag for our club Christmas party. Tree and decorations are up, presents are all bought or made and yesterday they got wrapped & under the tree. Now it's down to cleaning and making sure the food is all accounted for and ready to cook. I absolutely hate the cleaning part. Guess I should consider hiring someone to do it. Hey, maybe that's what I should have asked for for Christmas....that my kids pay for someone to clean the house before next Christmas!

beth s said...

Love that scrappy quilt you're working on!!

Andrea said...

The Irish Chain quilt looks wonderful - just two colours does make the sewing go quicker because it's one colour or the other! No choices!! can't wait to see this as a finished top.

Sara said...

The Irish Chain quilt is stunning! Wow!

Hard to believe that little boy is already 6.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful Irish Chain! I am following your example and am starting to post my goals for the week....thanks for sharing

Nann said...

Happy birthday to Asher! Those garlic knots could be a sort of Irish Chain, couldn't they? (Thinking of the IC Challenge.)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...