Monday, June 4, 2018

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

This week I finished putting the Bricks and Stepping Stones blocks in rows--


They are pressed and ready to lay out. 

Yesterday while I was sitting in the recliner procrastinating the phone rang--it was 2Rs.  She was going to road trip and visit me!  YAH!!  I had 20# of chicken half frozen in the sink, she was bringing a sharp knife and offered to cut it up for me.   She brought along another quilter--Donna--and it was such a nice visit.  Not only did she cut up the chicken for me, she sharpened my knives and brought me two quilt magazines!  How lucky am I to have a friend like that!  We had a mini show and tell outside in lawn chairs.  

Weekly Goals--

I'm pretty busy this week.  My only goal with be a little binding and maybe pull out a project box.  I packed at least 10 project boxes in the camper.  I think the blue/green project will be next.

Strange things happen at public campgrounds etc.  Can you guess what this was?


Its what's left of the sprayer nozzle at the fish cleaning station.  Somehow it became detached from the hose and was in the grinder.  I think the old one looked similar to this--

The lesson is--do not get your hand in the grinder!  The ranger turned the elecricity OFF before reaching in.  Not just the on/off switch, he turned the breaker off! 


~Lori1R in Nebraska~

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Always turn off all power where grinder and/or other sharp instruments are involved. You have a wonderful quilter friends!

Sara said...

Good lesson on safety. Maybe they need to make a permanent display of those pieces near that chipper/grinder.

You and 2Rs always have a good time. It’s great to have friends like her.

Miaismine said...

What fun friends you have! Sounds like you had a great time! Congratulations on the progress on your quilt!

beth s said...

That spontaneous visit sounds SO wonderful! I also made this stepping stones pattern. What a great quilt.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...