Monday, April 8, 2019

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Lots of sewing this week but no finishes.  Borders were cut for Chains and Stars--

A narrow yellow inner border and a dark green outer border.   Today I baked a cake for the Grandsons--


This is an example of little things to fix when taking photos--see the shadows behind the cake and the glass of kisses?  Moving a lamp would have fixed that.  The cake was tilted with a dishtowel under it--

Very simple setup.  (You can see how the afternoon light shines in through the window). The photos were lightened a bit too much.  Ah well, next time!  Three little boys won't care about the photo!  I finished piecing two baby quilts and have dyed two backings for them.  Sewed binding whenever I could.  I pressed some aqua/teal scraps for RSC blocks.

Weekly Goals--

Finish binding a quilt
Borders on Chains and Stars
RSC blocks

That's enough for this week, I'm planning to sew with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies and 2Rs next weekend.  MINI RETREAT!!!

I sewed on my OMG project--


There are a few chocolates missing, blame Ken!  I'm linking with Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Moving It Forward, and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Have a great week!

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Photography is a bug-a-boo. Your pictures looked good to me. Do you find that the pictures darken up when posted on your blog? I try to keep mine light so I can see the items well. Doesn't happen all that often though! I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong with the cake if you hadn't mentioned the light. Have a good week.

Jayne said...

It's always hard getting perfect photos the first time. Thank goodness we don't have to use film any longer!

Sara said...

Another VERY productive week. That must mean the arm is getting back to normal finally. The boys will love that cake.

Kat Scribner said...

oh dear, my stars and chains have taken a backseat right now, but I know i will love it. Cant wait to see yours in whole. .... btw, Cash That Check!"

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...