Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May 1st--Island Batik, Hobbs Batting, and Accuquilt

April's Challenge was a square baby quilt using Hobbs Batting and Accuquilt dies.  Here is mine, its 40" square--


I used the Accuquilt die to cut the 2.5" squares.  It is one of my favorite dies! (#2 in the 8" Cube set).  I hand appliqued a simple center motif.  Quilted with an all over panto (Clematis by Jodi Beamish) using white thread.  The batting is Hobbs 80/20.  

The Accuquilt Go is something I may never have bought for myself, but have fallen in love with it.  There is very little waste when you cut, and now my only excuse for crooked blocks is me!  I've purchased a few more dies, they support my New Starts, and really help me manage my scraps.  I bought the 9" Churn Dash, the 5" square, and the 3.5x6.5" brick dies.  So far! 😉  Hobbs Batting, what can I say?  Hobbs Batting is ALWAYS great! 

My photo props were a white sheet for backdrop, a cheerleading PomPom, a vintage Brownie Camera from my "treasure shelf" and spools of Aurifil thread.  I did this picture in less than 5 minutes, only two pictures taken instead of the usual +20.

Life is busy here, lots of unexpected life moments.  But quilting is my stress reliever!  

Have a great month of May!

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

PS--this project was made using products given to me--Island Batiks, Hobbs Batting and Accuquilt Go and Dies

5 comments:

Barb said...

Just adorable

Andrea said...

Perfect little quilt - in my favourite colour combination too! :)

Sara said...

Very cute little quilt. And blue was an excellent choice. 9-patch blocks make a quilt so cheerful.

Vicki in MN said...

Great applique center to set it all off so pretty. I feel the same way about the Accuquilt, we all just got so lucky!

Kathleen said...

I love this quilt and glad your quilting is a comfort during these odd life moments. I love the cutter too and it so much fun to see how different 50 ambassadors can make a small quilt!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...