Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Design Wall Tuesday and a few pics

Nothing on my design wall but I did visit Lorri2Rs, she made a couple of these blocks while I was there---


They are small blocks--4" finished?  2Rs has a bunch of these blocks--but she probably needs +70 more to make even a small quilt.  She enjoys making them.  I would turn them into quilted coasters!

The potted garden is producing--




The zucchini are happy in a laundry basket pot.  Tomatoes are OK with a tree pot for a home.  Picked a small bucket of tomatoes last night.  Tomato sandwiches will be on the menu.

I had a couple of apples on the counter so I made a crostata--

It was ok, I used a new recipe and it has a bit too much lemon juice and zest for me.  But it was fun to make.

This morning in the Visitor Center we had a bat.  I'm not scared of bats, we use heavy leather gloves to handle them.  He was one cranky bat, I could feel him attempting to bite me.



He's a Little Brown Bat--please read about him here.  I hung him outside on a tree branch, he looks a knot on the branch.  

It a beautiful sunny day in Nebraska, 81F,  I ate my lunch outside.  

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

 

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

bats are so good for eating bad bugs...like mosquitoes....i made some of those pineapple blocks once...very fun but ripping papers out not so much...your fresh veg look so good....i go to the local farmer's market regularly...had fresh Brussels sprouts tonite!

Sara said...

Those pineapple blocks are beautiful but I was shocked at how tiny they are. Yikes!!

Panto Pam said...

I love pineapple quilts! I bought an Accuquilt Go die for making my second quilt, after making the first one with the Creative Grids Ruler. So much easier to make and lots less fabric waste.

Tired Teacher said...

Whoa, a lot of pieces for such a tiny block. I can't imagine making ten let alone 70+

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...