Saturday, March 14, 2020

RSC Saturday--TEAL

I love teal!  These fabrics came from my scraps--


I make my HST a little big and then trim--


2Rs and I went to Nebraska to attend a quilt meeting with Dee.  This pattern is Around & Around, a free pattern from Joanns Designs.  I wanted something a little different than white or natural for background, I had a light yellow solid.  Its being added to my RSC repertoire.  I've seen it made totally scrappy by Nann.  

Overnight it snowed.




Heavy, wet, sloppy.  Ugh!  With the Covid19 virus going around I will stay home and sew!  I'm linking to SoScrappy.

Lori1R in South Dakota

10 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Enjoy the staying home to sew part of your week! Love those teal blocks.

PaintedThread said...

What a fun pattern. I like the teal!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing the link to Nann's scrappy version. Your TEAL and "other" blocks look amazing!

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for the link - at first glance I didn't realise that your teal blocks were HSTs, they looked so intricate.
Nice to be able to check out this pattern as scrappy too, thanks again.

Julie in GA said...

Your teal blocks are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the links to the pattern and to Nann's version.

Kat Scribner said...

Pretty, Pretty ......... except for the snow. We got a major dusting yesterday but it's all melted today. YAY ! I love spring and my quilting buddies !

Cathy said...

You got that far already??? Sheesh, I thought I just saw you post about it on Stashbusters and here you are with all these lovely blocks! This is one I may have to try.

gayle said...

Wow, what a great block! Yours are gorgeous in all those teals!

scraphappy said...

I love that pattern for HST blocks. It is fun to see a quilt block that isn't square for a change. The wrap around effect of multiple blocks is so effective.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty and i like the pale yellow background as well...thanks for inspiring me!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...