Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quiet Thursday

Not much happening here, LB had a Dr. appt this morning, things are going well. I put together a pan of lasagna, made some garlic bread, have a salad ready. Now we will wait for Nick to call when he's going to get home, he's working out of town today.

In between I have been putting some UFO blocks together using my new design wall. Yes, it's the concrete basement floor! Maybe now it's time for a quick nap. And I haven't been to any fabric stores yet!


These blocks are from an internet swap from a few years ago, I have never done raggy edge applique, and I loved doing them, and receiving them! There are leaves to be raggy edge appliqued when I get the top together, but I forgot them at home in the drawer. But if I get it put together that far, I will be satisfied!

5 comments:

LindaL said...

Pretty! My "design floor" is in the living room

Ann said...

Lori - can't find an email address for you. Please email me (button in my profile) about your generous offer!

Steel Scraps said...

Very pretty! I'll have to try ragged edge applique sometime soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

I have a top very similiar to yours just waiting to be quilted!

Glad 'things' are holding steady at LB's!

Stephanie D. said...

I've not done any raggy edge applique, either. Let me know if it's any easier than regular applique, because I am very inexperienced with that.

Methinks thou does protest too much about the quilt shops. I think you're gonna cave soon! LOL

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...