Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings


Becky tagged me with this Honest Scrap post. The idea is to reveal 10 honest things about yourself that you haven't blogged about and list 5 addictions. Then tag 5 friends.




Five Addictions I'm willing to admit to--
  1. Antiques--especially old dishes and sewing machines
  2. Angels
  3. Coffee--I have to have it EVERY morning, perked in an old fashioned coffee pot on my stove. No sugar, no cream.
  4. groceries--I am a hoarder of canned goods. I once owned 27 cans of chili beans. I am working on this!
  5. carbs
10 things you may not know about me--
  1. I am the youngest of four children
  2. I spent almost my entire childhood within two miles of my grandmother--she was very influencial in my life.
  3. I love to drive but hate to fly
  4. I am an avid birdwatcher
  5. My favorite vegetable is broccoli
  6. I want to try train travel
  7. I wish I could play the piano WELL.
  8. I can trap shoot
  9. I learned to drive when I was very young in a pasture in a yellow International pickup.
  10. I don't like my food to "touch" when it's on my plate, but love to eat casseroles
I won't tag five people, but feel free to try this. I found it very hard!

The sewing is progressing slowly. I have sewn together 48 of the courthouse steps in pairs and will lay them out again to "preview". I want to play with my Bricks and Stepping Stones box to relax. I may pick up a pink/white UFO to play with for a while. Ken is sleeping, he works tonight. Ruby is sleeping. I guess I am the only one awake!

6 comments:

MightyMom said...

well, go to sleep then!

haha

have fun relaxing

Alycia said...

Hmm 27 cans of chili? Do you like Chili LOL

Sweet P said...

Those are some interesting facts about you. I grew up across the street from my grandma. Actually she lived with us until I was 5, then married the widower across the street and moved there. I'm also the youngest of 4 children. Although I'm the only girl and the one in the family who is left-handed.

Becky said...

Thanks for playing along! I love reading the different answers given. My grandmother lived a block away from us. Loved it! She always gave me a call when she had a cake fresh from the oven.

JuJu said...

hey girl ... pasture driving, learned that way too! LOLO. I'm the youngest of 4, 2 of us are left handed! I also lived with my grandmother, but she did not quilt. I like fruit more than vegetables!

Stephanie D. said...

Very intriguing about the food not touching each other--you're only the second adult I've met who admitted to that!

I might try this one later...

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...