Friday, March 13, 2009

Motivation Friday

How have I done this week?? I quilted a top, machine sewed the bindings on three quilts, only have a few Bear Paw blocks to make, and sewed some of my green swap blocks. By Monday, I should the swap blocks ready to mail, the Bear Paw blocks done, and I've already sewn one of the bindings down (the hand part). I need to make labels for these quilts yet. I like the swap blocks, they are my favorite color--GREEN!!! And they are simple--the double Irish chain block from Quilter's Cache.

Although the dark part looks black, it is actually a dark green. I wish everyone one a great weekend, how has YOUR week shaped up? Any special plans??

9 comments:

Diane said...

I would rather have the recipe for the laundry soap!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Diane--send me your email and I will tell you what I know about the laundry soap recipe.

Nancy said...

Wow, you accomplished a lot this week, and from the looks of the first comment, you are learning either Korean or Chinese. :0D

Have a great weeked!

Mary said...

You're making good progress! I love Irish Chain quilts and need to make one myself. I have a gorgeous top my Mom pieced for me several years ago but I'm waiting until I'm good enough to quilt it...still waiting...

pdudgeon said...

Not a whole lot of progress for me this week. I did get my 2nd applique block done (haven't taken a pic yet)and got a green sampler couch quilt loaded on tuesday and took three passes on that. From Wednesday on I've been dealing with a bad cold that came out of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks!
I've done a little bit of redwork and a lot of sneezing and sleeping the last 4 days.
your Irish Chain blocks look lovely.keep up the good work.

Sarah said...

So I don't want to sound critical, but - it looks like something is mixed up in one of the columns of the Irish Chain blocks - like the white and the medium green are reversed. I'm in the middle of a Double Irish Chain myself, so I could just be imposing my colors on yours, but something doesn't look symmetric in the picture.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Sarah--I laughed and laughed at the blocks after I posted the picture. That's the third mistake in three projects. But I fixed this one!

Stephanie D. said...

That Irish chain is looking truly Irish. You've done well!

Karen said...

Love the Irish Chain quilt!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...