Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday Wanderings

Just a post so you don't think I've fallen off somewhere!  I'm working on this weeks goals.   Yes, I quilted another top.



And I've been working on my baby D9P blocks.  Now I understand WHY you don't cut the squares too small.  These got a bit fiddly, but I think the pattern shows.




And remember when I challenged you to "get out of your rut"?   I picked a fabric I probably would NEVER choose.  



It's a peachy pink coral--not a color I would EVER choose.  And the coordinating fabric is brown and gold with the coral in it.  Not a speck of green!  It will go on the back and maybe a bit of a border.  The pattern has odd sizes, I HATE to cut odd sizes--



I need to focus on this weeks goals, I would LOVE to start my challenge projects, but I need to finish some projects first.  What are you doing this week??


 

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oooooh, I love the corals that you selected. They are going to make a gorgeous quilt. I love the baby quilt, too! You've been very busy.

pdudgeon said...

me too, i love it all!

Mary-Kay said...

I like the baby quilt. and this week is a lazy quilting week. I've hand-sewn the binding on a quilt and stalled after that. I have another to quilt but I need to make one of those picture thingies for my friend's aunt. maybe tomorrow I'll get it done.

Stephanie D. said...

Just biding my time til the weekend....

MightyMom said...

oh my...well, that fabric and pattern aren't ones I'd ever do either....have fun!

Jackie Russell said...

Beautiful quilts. I really need to make a D9P quilt.

Alycia said...

I really like the DNP's - the top one looks like blocks are floating! Very nice.

SpinningStar said...

I did a D9P using 2.5" blocks that wre in my stash - I agree that it gets very wonky, but since I was using hand-dyed fabrics, it did have a neat look.

Liz

Lynn Dykstra said...

Try to redraft with sizes that aren't so awful?
LOVE the brown/pink fabric.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...