Monday, April 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

I have a new project on the wall.  A Trip Around the World quilt.   Henrietta said I needed to make a statement with my center square.  I put my most favorite fabric in the center--I fussy cut it.


My Japanese Royalty fabric!  I am making this quilt following Henrietta's method--and I hate it.   There is no strip piecing.  Each of those little squares are cut and hung by themselves.  But, I have the first 12 rounds done and I've stitched the rows diagonally.  


 Yes, I have it hung wonky.  There are 19 rounds--or maybe more.  I haven't decided.


Goals for the week--

  1. Work on TOTW (Trip Around the World)
  2. Sew on a UFO
  3. Make some fun blocks 

I start volunteering later this week, so that will cut into my sewing time.  The rain has moved out and it will be warm and sunny.  I love Spring the best.  Do you have a favorite season??


 



11 comments:

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your fussy cut center really looks great. Hope you enjoy your volunteer time.

carol fun said...

Looking good! I love doing a fussy cut center -it really shows off a favorite fabric.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love the cheddar yellow in your Trip-Around-The-World.

Spring and Fall for me. Winter's too cold, Summer's too hot & humid, not to mention buggy.

Teresa F. said...

Wonderful. The Quilt will look awesome.

Vicki said...

I love this quilt so much and your center is fab...now I know why I have never made it, because it isn't strip pieced! Nice job!!

marcella said...

Well, you might not love the technique but the quilt is sure looking great!

Alycia said...

LOOOOVE it!!! the center is great!

Sara said...

Enjoy that volunteer time. It is wonderful to see that sunshine today.

I've never tried this pattern, but I like how yours is turning out.

Henrietta said...

Before I end up looking like the world's greatest fool - this can be strip pieced. Although it is a diagonal set it can be done but, you need to be either:
1. uncritical of your fabric placements, or,
2. using a collection of fabrics designed to go together, or,
3. willing to do a lot of unstitching and fabric choice replacement if you simply strip piece.

Lori's fabric choices have changed many times and she is only half way through.

Mine have too but I audition before cutting and then pin on the wall when I am sure.

Nancy said...

This looks great.

I like strip piecing better, too, but sometimes it is nice to see what I am making.

pdudgeon said...

definitely looking good!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...