Saturday, May 3, 2014

Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

April's color was purple.  Purple is a hard color for me, I really have very little purple in my stash.  The Iowa Ladies (Lorri2Rs, Gina and Rhonda) helped me out.


Ladies, do you see your fabric in there?  With their help I was able to make 4 blocks--


I'm making Album blocks or Great Granny Square blocks.  I'm not trimming them, I'll do that when I have them all made.  Right now I plan on setting them with neutral sashing and "floating" the blocks unless I see another setting I like better.  May's color is green.  I have a lot of green, its my FAVORITE color.  Please see everyone's projects at soscrappy.

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Very nice!

I don't have a lot of purple in my stash either.

Marly said...

You have made some beautiful purple blocks, with a little help from your friends! I'm looking forward to seeing how these all come together, though I should say that I find floating blocks with sashings an excellent idea. All the blocks will stand out on their own then, while the arrangement of colours will give harmony.

Sara said...

Just a little help from you friends - they supplied some beautiful purples for you to use. I'm struggling with the green for this month. That is one of my projects for the afternoon today I hope.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...