Monday, December 22, 2014

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

These 30's blocks are on my design wall--


Puss in Corner blocks or Uneven 9 Patches as fellow blogger and Stashbuster Gayle Bong calls them.  These are some of the blocks found when reorganizing my sewing room.  What plans I had for them I can't remember.  Luckily another Stashbuster and blogger Kat used her EQ program and drew up setting options.  I was so grateful and relieved!  There are enough blocks for a large quilt and a smaller twin size quilt.  Thank you Kat!   Help from others is REALLY important since my Mojo went south on an extended vacation.  My goal is at least 10 tops to quilt starting in January and I'm hoping to have them done by May 1st.  There are some out of town sewing days planned, and I'm hoping Lorri2Rs will be able to visit and sew at my house in January.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Last Week's Goals--
  • Sash 30's blocks--I worked on a different set of 30's blocks--oops!
  • Borders on Trail Mix--two borders on
  • Pick borders for Bricks and SS--no
  • Hand sew one binding--one side left
  • Square up Cheddar Delight, Summers at the Lake, and Twirling Spools--no
  • Christmas Irish Chain--no  
The goals were ambitious and although I didn't get to some of them I have been sewing late into the night.  The album blocks have borders and can now go in the TBQ (to be quilted) pile. 



Night pictures are terrible--the wide border fabric is a dark purple print and the narrow border a coral.  This quilt might live forever at my house.  

Weekly Goals--

Finish piecing 30's top
Finish last side of binding
Last border on Trail Mix

More than enough--Christmas is this week and we hope to spend time with Laura Beth, Nick, Mason and Asher.  A few cookies will be baked to share.  

Are you ready for Christmas??




8 comments:

pamela thorne said...

Love your granny square quilt, Lori! Can't wait to see how you quilt it. I am also in a mood to get some of my projects to "top" stage in the new year.

Nancy said...

Great job on both quilts!

Sara said...

Merry Christmas Lori. Both of those quilts looks really pretty. i like that layout for the top one - a great stash buster.

Vic in NH said...

What a wonderful idea to alternate the blue and the gray blocks in the special setting 1930's, looking good!
The Granny Squares are terrific, kudos to you!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I really like the two shades of blue setting blocks in your quilt....adds a lot of interest.

Am I ready for Christmas? It's at the point that if it isn't done it may not get done. We have food, we have gifts, house is pretty clean. Now we just need the weather to behave itself. Once Christmas is done I really don't care what the weather does as long as the electricity stays on so I can sew/quilt, read or computer. :)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Do you know that you've been infected by blogger's "I'm not a robot" box in your comment section? It can be undone. I can send you a copy of the instructions I referred to to get it off.

Elaine Adair said...

LOVE that Granny quilt!!! 8-)))

desertskyquilts said...

And scrappy 30s, too. You are on a roll with the scraps!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...