Saturday, December 20, 2014

Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

2014 Rainbow Scrappy Saturdays are almost over.  Although I didn't post often, I did make a set of blocks.  If the color was "blue" that block contained at least a little blue.  These blocks are 2.5" scraps from my partial strip box, my scrap box, scraps from friends, or a random 5" square I cut into quarters.


I like this quilt!  There are blocks made from butt ugly fabricsFeel free to enlarge the pics and look at them.  The block pattern is Album blocks or Great Granny blocks.  I have an outer border picked and still auditioning an inner border.  Please see everyone's projects at SoScrappy.

 

13 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! This pattern is on my bucket list.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That's going to be a very pretty quilt. It's a pattern I want to try someday. I think we have an Eleanor Burns book at the library that has the pattern in it, title Egg Money Quilts or something like that, only I'd make the blocks bigger than hers. If I remember right they were pretty small.

Lorri Schuller said...

What a pretty quilt!! Love the Purples in it!!! Can not wait to see the final quilt- grab your MoJO and demand it to behave.

scraphappy said...

Such a great block. So glad you were able to use up some oldies. Beautiful result.

Nancy said...

Some fabrics may be wild, but they all work in these blocks - it's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Pokey said...

Nice job! I like how our uglies can turn into a favorite quilt ~
:-}pokey

Sheila said...

I love your quilt top. This one is on my list of quilts to make.

Kat Scribner said...

This one is a beauty. I suppose you will be keeping it. lol

mereth said...

I do love this block, I think I've got abour four album tops in various stages of completion. Yours looks so hapy and cheerful, can't wait to see the border.

Cathy said...

Butt ugly turned into But Gorgeous!

katie z. said...

Very lovely! I'm sorry to hear your mojo has been on vacation,

Alycia said...

Love love Love!!! You have done a great job on this!!

desertskyquilts said...

Fabulous, and has the twist on the theme that I would expect from you. =)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...