Monday, September 28, 2015

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

No change to my design wall--


Sheesh--you'd think I'd find time to sew but its been a busy week.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Saturday I went to Lorri2Rs guilds show.  A few pics-


Perhaps a use for all my 2.5" squares??


A Bonnie Hunter Scrappy Trip Around the World


Another Bonnie Hunter Scrappy Trip Around the World.  There were several and I especially liked the planned placement of colors in these two.

This one is part of the Hoffman Challenge that travels to various shows--


The quilting and embellishment with beads was beautiful!  

I can't remember the designer but loved the movement.  

Lorri2Rs called to procure me a ticket to the banquet at the last minute.  She had a blank moment and could not remember my last name, so they substituted my town.  





I had two "R's" in my name too.  The speaker was Maxine Rosenthal, author of "One Block Wonders"--she is an excellent speaker/trunk show.  It was a great time, I have met/sewed with several women from her guild, they are lots of fun!  

Weekly Goals--

Finish Monkey Wrench/9 Patch blocks
16 Patch blocks

That's all for this week, its going to be another busy week! 
 
~LORI~  

 

3 comments:

Vic in NH said...

Thanks for the eye candy! Now I wanna make all of them. It sounds like a great menu for the dinner, too!

Tired Teacher said...

Wow, those quilts are gorgeous! How large were the pieces in the first quilt; they look tiny?

Dar said...

Loved seeing the quilts at the show. I just spent the weekend with Bonnie Hunter doing her My Blue Heaven quilt. She had a wonderful trunk show too and it makes you want to rush home and start making all of them!! I have enough scraps that I think it would be no problem as far as scraps are concerned. ha ha

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...