Monday, March 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday, Stash Report, Weekly Goals

This week I had some finishes.  I'm saying Barn Dance is OFF the design wall (and the couch)!!


This was a free pattern for a Quilt-A-Long by Denise Russart.  100x100"--I'll estimate 24 yards from stash.  Its made with whatever I found in my stash.

I finished Granny's Orange Strippy for me--


Its 30's fabrics paired with solid orange/melon/salmon fabric. 88x94".   Darlene Zimmerman pattern.  This used 15 yards of stash.

Next is Liz's Red/Blue quilt--


This quilt was made by Liz B, I added a small red side border, binding, and quilting.  The backing was donated by Judy B in MN.  75x92".  2 yards from my stash.

Next is a Judy B in MN quilt--




70x90".  Judy B made the top and supplied the backing.  I quilted it and furnished the binding for .75 yards.  

Thank you to everyone who helped with these finishes.  Liz, Judy B (who supplies me with tops AND many backings), and Lorri2Rs who did machine binding this week.  

I also finished the blue 30's strippy (15.50 yards)--total stash used was 57.25 yards.  But last week I added 43 yards! 

Added this week--43.00 yds
Add YTD 97.50 yds
Out this week--57.25yds
Out YTD 115.50

I'm ahead 18 yds!
I'm OK with my stash report, I have more finishes to report once I get pictures. 
Weekly Goals--
Quilt three Tops
More YoYos
Sew More Binding
Sew More 9 Patches Together
Sew Green Glass blocks together
These will be my goals for this week.   I'm linking with Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, and Em's Scrapbag

~Lori in South Dakota~

11 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Great job getting all those quilts finished! I especially like the 30s Granny's Strippy.

cityquilter grace said...

terrific finishes....i too like the granny's strippy...

Sara said...

Wow! You have been a busy, busy gal. I love that orange strippy quilt. The orange/coral is so pretty with the 30s fabrics. Great choice!

Suzanne said...

Wow....super speedy Quilter! Amazing finishes.

Kat Scribner said...

Such great finishes! The barn dance really does look like its dancing around and granny's strippie is a classic. I'd have to keep that one in the family.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Whoot Whoot - Look at you go!!!

Moneik said...

Great finishes! I need to get a few more finishes since my fabric is starting to get ahead of me.

Rosie Westerhold said...

LOVE your Barn Dance Quilt!!! May have to do one of those from MY stash��

karenbbsnow said...

I LOVE your Barn Dance Quilt! I printed out all the instructions for that quilt and never got any farther with it, lol. It's still on my bucket list. Yours is lovely, congratulations on a great finish.

Cheryl said...

Your barn dance looks great! Sadly, mine is buried in the "2 be quilted" pile and will remain so for awhile. Couple more weeks of Arizona sun then we head for home.

Katie Z. said...

Your Barn Dance is great! I finished a smaller version but would still like to do the big one some day.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...