Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Stash Report

No finishes this week but I added to the stash.  Lorri2Rs and I road tripped and stopped at Tuesday Morning in Sioux Falls.  A fellow Stashbuster led me down the path to Stash Enhancing when she posted about Tuesday Morning!  I purchased 60FQs and a jelly Roll.  I bought duplicates of stash bundles (5FQs in a bundle) so I could use them in a planned New Start.

The FQs bundles ranged in price from $4.49 to $5.99.   Benartex fabrics.  Overall cost was $1 per FQ.  The 40 strip jelly roll was $22.00, another good price.  I also bought 12 yards of a gray solid for background on a couple quilts for $2.39@yd.  Country solid was on sale at JoAnns for $2.99 plus an additional 20% off with a coupon.  Total yardage added was 30yds.  My new numbers are--

Stash Report
Added this week--30.00 yds
Add YTD 158.80 yds
Out this week--0yds
Out YTD 199.25
I'm ahead 40.45 yards! 

I'm still ahead which makes me happy.  15FQs are for a baby quilt, stash contains very little "baby/juvenile" fabric so these coordinating FQs are destined for a that project.  

Lorri2Rs also gave me a "care package"--


Assorted magazines, copies of patterns, some 2.5" strips, and a small Corelle tea kettle!  The small Corelle tea kettle was darling!  2Rs knows I collect Corelle and I didn't have this one.  Thank you 2Rs!!  I plan to use the pattern on the left for the baby quilt.  Otter Romp is a free pattern.  Its a Disappearing 9 Patch where the focus fabrics remain in +8" squares so its a good pattern to use large focus prints.  Sashing/cornerstones give it different look.

I love old quilt magazines.  In the care package was a December 2000 issue of Australian Patchwork & Quilting.  Inside was a pattern for Antique/Improved Four Patch like Ken inherited from his maternal grandparents!  


The circles are round and the blocks are made similar to a drunkard's path block.  It it karma that I finally found the pattern?  Will I make one using 30's fabrics/solids?  I've heard the pattern was called "Kites" from a 1936 Kansas City Star book.  

I've either caught a cold or the allergies are kicking up.  Lots of coughing and blowing my nose!  

~Lori in Nebraska~



2 comments:

Sara said...

The two of you always find lots of fun. And what bargains!! I didn't realize that Tuesday Morning had fabric.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You're ahead in the stash department so you can still go fabric shopping! Yaaay! You always find wonderful bargains.

It sounds like you have caught the same cold I had earlier in August. Felt like I should have a snot bucket mounted under my nose. LOL Luckily I dosed up on Allibiotic, some elderberry brew I had in the fridge and Mucinex so the whole thing was short lived. Hope yours is over quickly too.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...