Monday, August 27, 2018

Planned New Starts

Do you plan your starts?  I try to.  I have two planned new starts for fall.  The first is a Judy Martin pattern called Shakespeare in the Park--
 
Photo from Judy Martin's Website--made by Elaine Ross

Its from The Creative Pattern book which is currently out of print.  I bought the book several years ago.  For more pictures of this quilt go to the Judy Martin Website and search for Shakespeare in the Park.  There are numerous quilts to admire about 2/3 the way down the page.

My other planned start is Stay Centered--
 
Photo from APQS Blog

Its a free pattern by Sherri Van Der Linden. Lorri2Rs sent me a finished block and the pattern.  This pattern uses 2.5" strips and I can hardly wait to make it! 

And we never tire of nature--here is a bug that was outside the VC--


These beetles live in the larval form for YEARS in wood.  They can emerge a long time after your furniture has been made.   

Its the last big hurrah for the 2018 season.  I'll be busy with the Visitor Center and the Campground.  Not much sewing will happen.

~Lori1Rs in Nebraska~

4 comments:

swooze said...

WHatcolor will your Shakespear In the Park be?

Nann said...

SITP was patterned in Quilter's Newsletter, too. I have torn it out of THREE back issues. And I have the book. One of these days I will make it. (The problem is deciding what colorway to use.) . . . In answer to your question about "planning starts": sometimes, but not often.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Not sure what my next project will be. Have been working on Allietare since the beginning of the year. Just cut out all the steps & bagged them up so I can sew a little at a time. Finally got all the units sewed and now I'm FINALLY putting blocks together. Been thinking about Garden Party...that would be another long-term project, but that's OK. I don't really NEED to make quilts quickly to keep a family warm. Smaller projects like QOV quilts get done in between.

Susan said...

Two lovely new plans, and quite an interesting beetle. Sometimes I plan a new start, sometimes I just take up with someone's QAL that appeals to me!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...