Friday, January 11, 2019

Motivation Friday

Time to check my goals for this week--

Prep one quilt top and backing to quilt--No
More Hoytyville sewn together--DONE
Press scraps--No

Not following my goals but I have been busy sewing.  Solved the dilemma of the square Jacob's Ladder quilt.  I added picket fence borders--


Night picture--sorry about the quality.  Added a 2.5" brown border and then picket fence border, used this book for ideas--


Its one of my favorite go-to books for ideas.  I have all of Pat Speth's Nickel Quilt books.  I'm also moving up the list on Stashbusters--I think I will be queen soon.  Lucky#7 and the list is moving fast.  Maybe a small UFO to finish?  Much searching, a box of junk sorted and tossed, and the small UFO was found.  Only--it was like an amoeba--it has split into TWO matching small quilts.  EEEKKKKK--UFOs are multiplying just like scraps!  Decided to maybe do something different with this one and got it ready for hand quilting.  No--I haven't lost my mind, I want to try big stitch quilting.  

Its 17x24"--a small quilt.  It was made 15 years ago maybe??  Now I need to buy perle cotton and big eye needles.  I thought I had some but alas, none has been found.  

And some shopping this week, not fabric--shoes!  Ordered these off the internet and they are exactly what I wanted.  Flat dress shoes--

Ken laughed at them, said he thought he wore shoes like them in grade school or high school.  They remind me of the shoes nuns wore 55 years ago, only these aren't all black with small heels.  Do you remember those shoes? 

Tonight I printed off instructions to a couple of the UFOs I pulled out.  Will put a set of blocks on the design wall.  Once they are up I can ponder where to go next.   

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

 

 

4 comments:

Sara said...

That looks like a great book to have as a resource.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Motivation....it's what I need! I've been such a slug since Christmas.

Sharon said...

Love your Jacob's Ladder, but I'm more interested in the shoes. Let's see the heels, and where did you get them?

beesquilts said...

Hope this doesn’t post twice, but I wanted to say I love your shoes! Congrats on getting the big stitch finished.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...