Monday, March 11, 2019

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Still playing with the brown Churn Dash blocks--


A good picture takes a little work.  You see blocks, blue background and a few props.  The view from the chair--


Different backgrounds are layered over a quilt on the wall.  The blue is a piece of leftover backing I dyed.  A treadle cabinet has my printer on it, its under the fabric.  The coffee tin is perched on a roll of duct tape hidden under the fabric.  Discarded props are scattered about.  This room gets good light from about 1-3pm each day.  There are four lamps and the overhead light turned on.  My camera is my phone, and I edit photos with a free app called Snapseed.  I use the free version, its very user friendly.   A few small changes I didn't make--move the coffee tin so the light edge was over the brown part behind it--better contrast.  There is a slight tilt to the photo--the duct tape sloped to the right a little.  Perhaps better greenery.  Small changes.  This year I will put more effort into my pictures.

Weekly Goals--

Finish 9 patch to a flimsy
Sew binding to small projects
Hand sew some binding
More green blocks
Quilt??

Variety in my goals--gotta have variety.  These are dependent on my arm and life cooperating!   I'm linking with Oh Scrap, Monday Making, Moving it Forward and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

~Lori1R in South Dakota~

4 comments:

Sara said...

Love those churn dash blocks. And they reminded me that I have a few of them made with fall fabrics - somewhere. Wonder what I did with them?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have a very creative set up - ha ha - LOVE the block!

Susie H said...

Your churn dash blocks look good. I love a good chocolaty brown!

Nann said...

Fun to see the staging for the photo! (And I like the blocks, too.)

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...