Saturday, March 16, 2019

RSC Saturday 10 -- GREEN!!

More GREEN blocks--


Still using the blue background--blue sky, grass, and gravel all make balanced background colors.  But there's no grass, and the gravel is either under snow or water right now.  Different photo props for St. Patrick's Day, green garland from the Dollar Tree and 3 spools of green thread.  Easy peasy!

Time to check this week's goals--

Finish 9 patch to a flimsy--needs one last border
Sew binding to small projects--yes
Hand sew some binding--yes
More green blocks--yes
Quilt??--tomorrow maybe??

I'm struggling this week.  My right hand/arm is not strong enough to rotary cut accurately, I get wibbles.  So progress on projects needing parts cut is slow. 

We live where its been flooding.  We are mostly dry, the basement oozed a little water until Ken and the neighbor put sump pumps in the backyard that had turned into a pond and pumped the water to the storm drain.  Snowbanks/ice had made a dike to prevent the water from draining.  We are going to have warm days but cold nights--thawing will slow significantly.  Our basement has no carpeting, only tile and concrete so other than a wet floor it was not bad.  

I'm linking with SoScrappy--Green is a great month!  

~Lori1R in South Dakota~ 

9 comments:

maggie fellow said...

cool blocks and I have a new word - wibbles

grammajudyb said...

The flooding is awful down your way! I have a cousin living in SF and their basement is flooding terribly! I feel so sorry for them. We have had basement flooding in the past and it is a pain in the tush!

I hope the thawing for you slows some and eventually the water abates. Love your garlic knots!

Alaena Diamon said...

Love your garlic knot blocks... and they would be great for scrap-busting! Glad you are not having major flood damage in your home.

Jo said...

The garl8c knots are addictive aren't they? Yours are looking great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I am loving your Garlic Knot blocks!! Here's hoping thing dry out around your house soon.

Katie Z. said...

Good luck with the flooding. We used to live in Lindsay, NE, and it looks like the house we lived in is flooded. It looks horrific.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I'm sure everyone's heard about the horrific flooding here in Nebraska. I think hubby is in mourning over the Spencer dam washing out. It was his favorite fishing spot. Our flooding here in town was rapid snow melt, rain & frozen ground. A little water in the basement, but not bad. Unfortunately where it was coming in the worst got the piece of carpet under my quilting machine wet so have been getting it dried out. It's so much worse in other places. I've had about all I can handle of flood pictures on FB, but at least I'm not out driving around sight seeing.

Cathy said...

Thanks a lot!! I had to start making Garlic Knots last month because I kept seeing yours.

Wibbles? Hope you are back to "normal" soon.

And we have water in the basement too - same story almost every spring. It's an unfinished basement and very old so I guess it's to be expected.

Moneik said...

I'm in love with the garlic knots but haven't taken the time to make any. I have the pattern printed. Do you have the Stripology ruler? That ruler has changed the way I cut and improved my accuracy tremendously. It pretty much lays right where you put it, so not a lot of slippages. It might be helpful to you.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...