Friday, June 28, 2019

How does my garden grow?

I plant tomatoes, flowers etc in pots.  Laura Beth asked for zucchini plants.  I'd saved some old laundry baskets and used them for the zucchini seedlings--


I've been reading about "air pruning" and was excited to try it.  I lined the baskets with tulle fabric.  A few seedlings were planted in pots I had on hand.   Most my vegetable plants live on picnic tables, the wildlife often wants to investigate/eat/dig in them.  If they are on a picnic table they are less appealing.  There is a small flower bed next to my camper.  I planted it with flower seeds--



 
Morning glory, zinnia, and other flower seeds were sown.  They are happily growing and will need some sort of trellis.  I raised the wire panel and put long garden stakes in the corners and tied them together at the top.  Plastic plant tape was used to tie the wire to the stakes.  Eventually it will be a blooming flower volcano (I hope)!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

2 comments:

Sara said...

Morning glories and zinnias bring back memories of my mom's flowers when I was growing up. She had lots of flowers, but the zinnias usually were along the south side of the house by the living room window. And the morning glories were by the back porch. Iris and gladioli were next to the veggie garden. Ferns and other shade loving plants along the front of the house that faced east.

Tired Teacher said...

I need to investigate air pruning - it sounds interesting. I hope you'll post a photo of the flower volcano when it's blooming.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...