Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Wednesday Update

June is here and we finally have had a few days of sun.  But we are quite soggy!  The bird feeders are up and I checked the birdhouses--




One nest has eight wren eggs in it.  The other house has bluebirds building a nest but no eggs yet.  The bluebirds are quite territorial, their nest is close to the feeders and they aggressively chase the other birds away--except the orioles--they are bigger and can only give them "stink eye"!  So far I've seen purple and yellow finches, warblers, hummingbirds, wrens, bluebirds, orioles, cardinals, catbirds, towhee, nuthatches, black capped chickadees, doves, woodpeckers, and several kinds of sparrows.  The turkeys wander through and clean up under the feeders.  Its relaxing to sit by the window and watch them.  

There's been no sewing.  😢  I was carrying a laundry basket of stuff up the camper steps and fell against the door frame with my right arm.  Of course its the arm I had surgery on and now the shoulder is sore too.  I have been resting it (really--that's what the Dr. would suggest) but its been 3 weeks, I may have to make an appointment.  I jammed it pretty hard and hope I haven't torn anything in the shoulder. 

Instead I will study patterns and do the math--I am ready to START SOMETHING NEW!!!  I packed 2.5" strips, 5" charms, 3.5x6.5" bricks, and bolts of neutral backgrounds. 

Remember the snowstorm in March that broke our power line?  It fried my favorite stove.  But recently I found a replacement for now on an online garage sale Facebook site--


Not the best picture--but the stove is a really nice Frigidaire, the oven HAD NEVER BEEN USED!  A good buy at $80.   

I did get my garden planted--


Tomatoes, a basil and a mint plant, cannas, dahlia, begonia, asian lillies, a few bedding annuals all in pots.  My small flower bed and around the flag post were planted with various seeds, morning glory and moonflowers.  I charged all the solar lights and they are now along the edges of my campsite.  This weekend I had help--



Asher (grandson #2) fertilized and watered all the pots and flower beds.  He and Mason spent the weekend with Ken and I.  We were pretty relaxed--hot dogs, cold cereal, and fudge sickles!  We ate breakfast at the VFW--the first Sunday of the month they serve big breakfast--all you can eat.

I hope you are enjoying nice weather and a great summer!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

3 comments:

sewspeciallady said...

Looks like a great stove. More treats to bake ☺

Sara said...

What a super deal on the stove. Lucky you. Hope that. Shoulder gets to feeling better soon.

Mary in Verm said...

Wow, what a great campsite! I might never want to go home!

So sorry you hurt your arm with the recent shoulder surgery. Why is that always the way? I hope it back to normal fast!

Mary in Verm

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...