Friday, August 23, 2019

My flowers are starting to bloom, here is the "flower tower"--


There are two varieties of Morning Glory--Grandpa Ott and Heavenly Blue.

They have a luminous glow to them.  I love old fashioned Zinnias too--


Zinnias and Morning Glorys never fail me.  This small vine/flower snuck in a hanging pot--


The flowers are small but bright!  I have a Tropical Hibiscus I overwintered in the house.  Its new to me, I followed the directions on the internet and pruned it back severely over the winter.  I thought it might not recover or bloom--but here is the first flower--


 Yesterday I saw different butterflies visiting the flowers--


"The Silver-spotted Skipper almost never visits yellow flowers but favors blue, red, pink, purple, and sometimes white and cream-colored ones."   

I read this information after taking pictures, so I paged back--nope, no butterflies on yellow flowers!  

Not being able to sew has been awful.  Yesterday I pulled out some blocks that needed pressing.  Instructions were in the bag with the blocks--

I had completely forgotten the pattern but remembered it as I was pressing them!   

https://quiltnotes.com/learning-center/corner-4-patch/

Summer is beginning to wind down.  The weather has been perfect the last few days.  Warm days with cool nights.  Ahhhh--I love summer!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

4 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Did you know a tea made of dried hibiscus flowers is supposed to be good for lowering cholesterol? I bought some and started drinking the tea. My cholesterol went down 25 points in three weeks. I was taking policosanol too so thought maybe that was it. Guess I have to go back to the tea, policosanol alone doesn't do a thing so it's either the two together or just the hibiscus.

My grandma always planted zinnias across the front of her veggie garden. Other than the tulips, iris and peonies in a separate little fenced in flower garden that was the only flowers she planted. Fenced in because of free range chickens all over the place. LOL The tulips, iris and peonies were for putting on graves for Decoration Day. Most years she had something blooming for that purpose. Before the days of silk flowers.

Sara said...

Those purple morning glories are "glorious"! Certain flowers always make me think of my mother. Morning glories always by the back door, zinnias under the south living room window, violets under the kitchen window, ferns under a northeast bedroom window. And gladiolas along the veggie garden. Marigolds were usually growing along the edges of the veggies too. And next to the front porch were usally begonias, some variegated vegetation, and some kind of runner beans that grew up strings all across the porch.

Tired Teacher said...

What a gorgeous tower of flowers! I bet it gets a lot of attention from bees, hummingbirds, and butterflies. Zinnias always remind me of my Mom's garden in late summer - rows of zinnias and marigolds.

TerryAchie90 said...

POKERBET88 merupakan salah satu situs permainan kartu Online terbaik, aman dan terpercaya dengan persentase kemenangan yang tinggi saat ini di Indonesia. Situs ini juga menyediakan berbagai macam permainan poker Online uang asli yang populer dengan sistem dan server stabil yang mudah di akses serta bonus kemenangan ratusan juta rupiah setiap hari

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...