Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Update and a Finish

Over the weekend LB and family camped next to us.  FUN FUN FUN!!  Little boys wandered back and forth, they are all budding entomologists--grasshoppers, butterflies, beetles and caterpillars were collected in cups and jars.



Max picked me a sunflower and its became a centerpiece in a solo cup.  Ken and I had summer colds so I forgot to take pictures.  But the corn dog maker saw lots of use--I used it for breakfast sausages with both pancake batter and cornbread.  

 

Perfect breakfast finger foods.  I used these sausages and a box of Jiffy Cornbread mix--enough to make 12 cornbread sausages. 
It is so easy!   

I did a little binding this weekend and finished a UFO--




I started this quilt in March 2015 using the Missouri Star Disappearing Pinwheel Churn Dash pattern.  30's fabrics were used in the blocks, I was determined not to collect them instead of SEW with them. My blocks somehow were assorted sizes so I used this pattern as an idea to add sashing to the blocks--

There was not enough of the pink fabric to finish it so I carried a pink scrap in my purse for a couple years until I found more.  This quilt finishes 75"x93" and used about 11 yards.  The backing is two different pieces of flannel so its a cuddly quilt.  No idea where it will find a permanent home.   But its DONE!!

Not sure what this week will bring.  More cold tablets and coughing, I shared my cold with Karla.  Poor Karla--she sounds miserable!

~Lori1R in Nebraska~

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love that pink background! And the sausage/corn bread idea is something I may need to check out.

Tired Teacher said...

I agree with Sara - the pink was a good choice for sashing, very 1930-ish. I need to search for the corn dog maker and check it out.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Pink looks good in that quilt. I always like pink in a quilt.

Sorry to hear about the colds. They can be miserable. I usually start taking Allibiotic Sept. 1, but with all the colds and the horrible stomach flu going around here maybe I should start early. Have already checked the ingredients for my Elderberry Brew.

Finished up canning green beans for the year. The pole beans just got going good so will see if son & daughter in law want to can any. Otherwise we'll let someone else have them. Tomatoes have that wilt disease and the leaves are drying up and falling off. They were such beautiful plants and just covered with tomatoes, most of which are still green, and may never get ripe. So far I've just frozen a couple gallon bags full that will get used in the beef veggie soup I can each year. It's a good thing there are still plenty of canned ones left from last year.

It's good to hear you are having fun with family...and getting good use out of the corn dog maker.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...