Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Do You Name Your Sewing Machine??

Do you name your sewing machine?  I do!   Sometimes I name them after the person I got them from, sometimes the place.  I currently am sewing on "Chuckee"--I got him from a man named Chuck.  I also have "LouAnn" and "Becka" and "Clara".  There is a machine named "Red Cloud".   I have a Red Eye treadle in my living room called "Topeka".  "Tom Cruise" is downstairs.

Do I have a favorite?  Not really, I tend to rotate them around to be used.  "LouAnn" is a speed demon, "Chuckee" is dependable.  "Becka" is a sentimental favorite, "Red Cloud" gets petted as I wonder what all she's sewn.  All these machines are older than I am.  I wonder where they've been in their, their owners.  Don't you wish they could talk??

6 comments:

Pat said...

yes! I have Baby Brother~who lives in the corner and her little sister, Bella~who is a travel machine. and let's not forget Valerie~the Gammill. :)

jillquilts said...

Absolutely they all deserve a name!! I think that any piece of technology that a person uses as much as we use out machines should have a name!

I had Bubba the Brother and when he got the boot, I got JJ the Janome. Her name is short for Jill's Janome and yes, she is female. A lot less tempermental than Bubba, too! lol

Vicki W said...

I named my longarm after my Granddad, Willie. I always look forward to playing with Willie!

MightyMom said...

Only since meeting you did Kenny the Kenmore get his name. I dunno about the Ol Girl he sits on though

Stephanie D. said...

So why is Tom Cruise kept in the basement?

Never mind. I think I know.

JuJu said...

My sewing machines are named "Janome" ... LOLOL My HQ is Missy!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...