Saturday, May 22, 2010

Not Enough Spoons

I've run out of "spoons" before I ran out of things I wanted to get done.  Yesterday I couldn't look at a flower bed any longer, I had to weed it.  



Then I moved on to fixing poles for my perennial sweet peas and clematis to climb on.  I wanted to work on the vegetable garden, and discovered I did not have enough weed barrier fabric to cover it.  Wondering where this is going?   Someone had given me lots of curtain/decorator type fabric I was never going to use.  I used that!  One year I used old sheets--it all works.  I stake it all down with electric fence posts.  Yes, I now have a decorator garden. Definitely a "scrap" pattern!  



After everything is planted and growing, I will cover the entire garden with wheat straw about 6-8" thick.  This helps with weeds and keeps my garden from drying out.  In the fall I pull everything up, take the vines/dead plants off, pull up the fabric but leave the straw/grass clippings to be tilled back into the garden.   But today I haven't any spoons to play with, and will take it easy. I still have to plant my garden, but maybe I can do that tomorrow. 


3 comments:

Stephanie D. said...

Spoons?

I still need to rake up the chipped wood from two tree sites to mulch my flower beds, but haven't done it yet. I gotta quit buying stuff to repot! lol

Am working on a cute project I saw last year--hope to get it together this week. Then I really HAVE to stop planting.

MightyMom said...

so when you plant do you poke a hole in the fabric?

looks cute!

Alycia said...

You have to save some spoons for sewing!!! at least one!!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...