Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Goals??

Hmm, I guess I could think of quilty goals.

  1. Stop at the Thimble Box in New Ulm today
  2. Sew more noodles together

I haven't been to the Thimble Box in years, but I have to drive through New Ulm today so will see if they are open.  I am heading to Danube MN to pick up half a beef.  Remember my friend Sally?  She and I split a beef.  It is all packaged up and froze, ready to go in our freezers.  


I have had much "Mason time", but can't remember to take the camera out.  I did catch him while he was eating.






Eating his favorite food, macaroni and cheese.  And while I was home I got out a pan for Shamus to take a bath. 







He doesn't look very big--but that pan is a 10 inch cake pan.  He is about the size of a pigeon, but very long wings and tail.  All the papers at the bottom of his cage are wet, he was splashing away. 

And for everyone who wrote me offering their scraps--thank you!  Yes, I love picking through scraps!  My friend Henrietta would like me to make a postage stamp quilt.  Uhh--No way!

6 comments:

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

What is it about mac & cheese and kids? My grandchildren like the microwave kind.

I always get a kick out of seeing birds taking baths in puddles after a good rain. Maybe I can think more kindly about the potholes in my street if I think of them as bird baths.

I have a copy paper box of scraps that need to be cut into usable squares. Might be a good project this winter if I can stay off the computer or keep my nose out of a book long enough.

June Dodge said...

Oh your freezer must be huge! I remember the walk in Lucy and Ethel go when they 'saved money' getting a whole cow. How much space will your half a cow take up?

I had fun reading your goals for today - you sound really organized.

But the real reason I thought to leave is note is you are the first blog where the photo is of feet - I did that for my photo too!

: )

Henrietta said...

Big stamps! I am thinking an Irish Chain out of 30's fabrics is in my future if I live long enough.

jillquilts said...

Love the Shamus picture! And of course, stopping at a quilt shop would be necessary!! lol

MightyMom said...

love the pic of Shamus.....

Stephanie D. said...

Shamus looks as if he's having a good time! I always enjoy watching birds fluttering around in our birdbath.

I decided long ago that I'd like to do a postage stamp quilt, so have been saving 1 1/2" squares for a while. Now and then I pare a few together but that's one of those quilts you have to decide to take your time on. It would drive me crazy to do it all at once!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...