Monday, September 2, 2013

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals


First I promised you a picture of my purchases(Design Picnic Table)---

The oriental print at the bottom is my focus and backing fabric.  The creamy yellow is the background.  The other fabrics coordinate (more or less).  These are for a sampler quilt (or two?) I'm participating in on-line.  I like samplers, love the variety of blocks and fabrics you can use.  The teal and periwinkle blue, the rusts/oranges and golds/yellows are all favorite colors.  Some blacks and browns will go into it as well.  See what everyone is working on at Patchwork Times blog.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Make sampler blocks (Jacob's Ladder)
  2. Finish a yoyo (almost done)
  3. bind orange/teal baby quilt
That's enough for this week.  Beautiful weather today, sitting around doing nothing is easy to do!

The year is 3/4 over, so far I'm happy with what I've gotten done.  I thought I would be further on my yoyos but that's okay.  I've been wasting time working on relearning an old hobby--crochet.  I think a dishcloth is what I'll work on.  

Have you tried an old hobby this summer?  Thought about your goals?

3 comments:

mycreativecorner3 said...

Very pretty fabrics, can't wait to see where this goes!!

Nancy said...

Oh yeah, you have a nice selection and variety of fabrics for your Sampler quilt!

Lori said...

Love the colors. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...