Monday, August 1, 2016

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

This week I worked on the last Apple Crisp blocks--

Apple Crisp Blocks
I need 99 to set them 9x11, I think there are enough now.  Please see everyone's posts at Patchwork Times.

When you can't sew, you shop.  When I'm volunteering at the Visitor Center I don't get to visit quilt shops, so instead I buy quilt books!  This was a recent purchase--

Large Block Quilts by Victoria Eapen
This book is by Victoria Eapen, I started the Three Steps Forward quilt and I like it so ordered a book with more patterns by her.  Stashbusters is having a FQ challenge QAL starting August 1st.  Most my FQs were busted last summer so I'm using fabrics from my traveling stash--mostly "chunks".  Odd sized pieces of fabric--some FQ size, some almost a yard.  Usually a piece has been cut out of it.  This way I can use some of them up, and will cut the remainder into pieces that work for precut sizes I use.

Weekly Goals--

Sew Apple Crisp blocks into "threesies"
Another 3 Steps Forward block

It will be a busy week, that should keep me busy.  Apple Crisp needs to be a flimsy by Labor Day.  

Can you believe its August 1st?  Someone turn the calender back to May!!

~LORI~



7 comments:

Kate said...

Love your Apple Crisp blocks. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

Charlene S said...

Good luck with your challenge. I too wish it were May again. This summer passed too fast.

Sara said...

I sure wish I could turn that calendar back, even to July 1. Summer goes by way too fast and I've mostly wasted this one so far. Shame on me!

Both the Three Steps blocks and Apple Crisp are going to make gorgeous quilts. Good job!

AnnieO said...

Those are lovely blocks. You've done a great job of mixing colors and tones. That book has tempted me before too, especially the cover quilt!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful blocks!

Vic in NH said...

Apple Crisp blocks look very fine! You go, girl! Can't wait for winter to take away the bugs and weeds, yippee!

Rhonda said...

Love the Apple Crisp blocks. They look like great stashbusters. It would be so nice to be able to turn the calendar back...whenever it got to September 1, I would flip it back to May 1..over and over again. Winter lasts way too long here in Wisconsin!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...