Sunday, August 28, 2016

Sunday Stash Report

Time to update my numbers--

Stash in 20.00 yards
Stash in YTD 258.75
Stash out--zilch
Stash out YTD--95 yds

Stash is ahead 163.75yds 

I added 20 yards in charms packs, jelly rolls, layer cakes and FQs of Tonga Treats batiks on sale.  I also added 3 FQs from the new local shop and small piece of license plate fabric to fussy cut and add to "boy" quilts.  Just something for fun.  Please see everyone's stash report at Patchwork Times.

I am THRILLED about my stash report!  I've added fabrics to fill holes in my stash.  Lots of those yards are backgrounds.  Will I be in the black at the end of the year?  Maybe.  I've never wanted to reduce my stash, only think more carefully about my purchases.  There are still colors lacking in my stash.  Blacks, grays, and yellows are low.  I'll add them as needed.  

Lorri2Rs loaned me some quilt books, one was S is for Scraps by Gayle Bong--

 Image result for s is for scraps by gayle bong

Its a great book, I have two patterns I KNOW I want to make!  Thanks Gayle and 2Rs!

~LORI~ 

4 comments:

katie z. said...

I've been on a mission to reduce my stash, but I'm about to the point some major purchases are necessary, particularly backgrounds. Good for you for filling in holes!

1000needles.com said...

I like how you aren't looking to reduce your stash but to fill holes. I may head over to that direction. :)

Sara said...

I have 2 goals for my stash reporting this year - reducing the total amount of fabric and making smarter new purchases. But then I got to visit 3 quilt shops on the way home from Madison Wisconsin on Friday and Saturday. So much for NOT making any "just for fun" purchases. But it was great retail therapy for me!

Vic in NH said...

Thanks for keeping a well-adjusted positive balance to your stash report, it makes perfect sense.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...