Monday, August 29, 2016

Design Wall Monday

I've been playing with two charm packs--


Palm Springs Contempo ($1.99) and Jurassic Jamboree ($4.99) from Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I sewed them into 4 patches--


One charm pack was $4.99, the other was the "mystery charm pack" from Missouri Star for $1.99.  I think they play together quite well!  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

We love to find "new to us" plants at the Visitor Center.  Last week Karla said she had found Ten-Petal Eveningstar.  





They are supposed to be quite fragrant but I didn't smell them, I might have snorted a bee!  They don't transplant well so will harvest seeds later this fall to plant in the Prairie Garden.

Weekly Goals--

Sew on Apple Crisp
Sew on anything else I have in the camper!

There are lots of projects stacked in totes, anything I sew on will be progress.  And progress eventually leads to finishes.  Working on only one project is not for me.  Quilters ADD.

~LORI~

3 comments:

Sara said...

You're so right - progress leads to finishes. And your charm pack project is going to be a fun kid quilt. I'm making a charm pack into pinwheels right now for a kid quilt.

That flower is so pretty and interesting looking. I've never heard of it before. Does your volunteer time end after Labor Day? Then you have the big job of moving the camper home again.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Three projects in the works and fabric chosen for another! Plus, there are some tops around here somewhere that could stand to be quilted. Now that I'm retired (as of 9pm tonight) maybe I'll use that extra 17 hours a week to make more progress...Maybe!!

Vic in NH said...

Such cool flowers to be seeded into the wildflower garden, nice! I like your free play with the charm packs, too, whee!Those are bargains, for sure!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...