Monday, February 12, 2018

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Made the first Double Irish Chain block using 30s repros and brown--


The dark solid brown is the background.  All the strip sets are made.  My sewing area is "somewhat messy" so labeling/organization is the key--


The strip sets are pinned together with post it notes attached.  Once blocks are sewn together and ready to quilt they earn a spot on the Organization Wall.  


Notes on the left are tops not quilted, notes on the right are quilted but not finished.  They have the size of the top on it and if a backing is ready.  See the bag hanging on the wall from the shelf hook?  If a binding is made for a top it goes in the bag and write it on the post it note. Its an empty bag, I sewed five bindings on this week building a binding mountain.  Handwork for the Olympics.  Once a top is finished and I've reported it on my blog and Stashbusters--I toss the note!  The Orange 30s Strippy is loaded and ready to quilt.   I'm linking with Quilting is More Fun Than Housework, Love Laugh Quilt, and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.  

Weekly Goals--

Quilt the Orange Top
More YoYos
Sew More Binding
Sew Strip Sets Together 

Its going to be a short week, I'm hoping to sew with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies next weekend.  Not sure what I'll take along but I'm sure I have projects!

~Lori in South Dakota~
 

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your organization system!

Sara said...

Being so organized obviously has paid off. Wow - you've gotten a LOT accomplished.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...