Monday, February 19, 2018

Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

The weekend was spent with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies.  Here is what I worked on-



9 Patch parts.  Lots of 9 patch parts!  First were 9 patches for Chocolates on my Pillow, that project was worked on until I needed more background.  Next I sewed strips for the Honeycomb quilt.  Stitch, press, repeat.  Over and over.  I used the Stripology ruler and cut them all apart.  

The Iowa ladies are lots of fun.  LaVon the Overseer keeps us all in line--


Here she is supervising Donna's layout.  I was very good this weekend, LaVon only shook her finger at me once! 

Lorri2Rs scored a new machine at the 2nd hand store--


A Singer 404 that is like new!  2Rs used it all weekend.  She's fast and makes a great stitch.  Cost-$20!   

Have I told you how fast 2Rs sews?  She asked me to wind some bobbins for her (her bobbin tire needs replacing).  I had been whining about the dirty cover on my pressing table--


While I wound the bobbins she made me this--


A new removable cover!  And she also made me this--


A Maxine mug rug!   Coffee is essential to the start of my day.  Maybe not 12 cups, but!!! 


Two partial spools of thread were emptied.  I challenged Liz of Houston to use a new cone of thread--


Here's the challenge--Liz will try to use the entire cone by February 2019.  If she does I will send her FQs.  The Guttermann (Spooly Jr Jr) shown above has 547 yards--it takes almost 22 spools like that to equal "Spooly" as Liz has named him.  

Weekly Goals--

Quilt a Boy Top
More YoYos
Sew More Binding
Sew More 9 Pathes Together 
Sew Green Glass blocks together
 
There will be lots of sewing/quilting this week.  Its cold and windy outside, good sewing weather!  I'm linking with Quilting is More Fun than Housework, LiveLaughQuilt, and Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.
 
~Lori in South Dakota~

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love sewing retreats!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Sewing is so much more fun when good friends are involved. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Tired Teacher said...

Holy Moly! That is one gigantic spool.

Sara said...

Another FUN retreat. You always accomplish so much!

2Rs is obviously a pretty clever friend to make that ironing table cover so quickly just when you needed it.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Looks like there was lots of sewing and good fun. That cone of thread is enormous. I used to buy big ones like that when I did lots of sewing for craft fairs...can't run out when you're trying to make money. My get up and sew seems to have abandoned me. When it's cold and windy I just want to sit on my butt and play on the computer or read a book. A lot of good genealogy stuff has been found in the digitized newspapers and on FindAGrave so I don't consider the butt sitting time totally wasted. It's supposed to be rather wintry outside this whole week so I guess there's hope for some sewing yet.

Robin said...

Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies look like a lot of fun. I'm glad you were able to sew together and it looks like you got a bunch done.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...