Monday, February 5, 2018

Design Wall Monday-Stash Report-Weekly Goals

Its been busy.  Friday I drove to 2Rs house and we went to the Iowa Retreat on Saturday.  


We sewed in one large room.  Its was lots of fun!  2Rs was a social butterfly--that's what she enjoys.  She says she can always sew at home, but she comes to visit with all the other quilters!  



She brought handwork and a light.  But most of the time her chair was empty.  Where was she?  Here--


The rummage sale!  She loves a bargain!  After the retreat (its only for one day) we stopped to eat on the way home--


Great food.  And a chance to sit and rest.  We slept in and the next morning we started sewing--



More microwave bowl and plate holders.  We shopped 2Rs stash.  A large bag of fabric came home with me, more angel fabric, some 1930s repros, and a big piece of blue/brown geometric print will become borders on a boy quilt.  I drove home in time to see the last half of the Superbowl.  Congratulations Eagles!  


Added this week--29.50 yds
Add YTD 54.50 yds
Out this week--58.25yds

I'm ahead 3.75 yds!

I bought a bolt of neutral--25 yards.  4.5yds of Brown 1930's repros.  I used 57.75 yds in quilts and .50 yards in the Snowman wall hanging. 


These will become the center chain in a Double Irish Chain using the last of the 1930s repros. The background will be brown, that should make the light 30's pop.  

Weekly Goals--

quilt another top
press the strips sewn at retreat
start the Double Irish chain
sew a binding on a quilted top

These will keep me busy.  I'm linking up with MCM, Love Laugh Quilt, Small Quilts & Doll Quilts, and Quilting is More Fun than Housework.   

~LORI in South Dakota~

6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Looks like you had fun. 2Rs socialized...what did you work on at retreat? I'm doggedly working on getting bindings on Spoolin' Around. The outer pieced one is sewed, I just have to get the three narrow ones put on the top first. THREE of them cut at 1 1/4". And then hold my breath that the pieced border fits properly...or at least close to. Maybe I should ask for prayers!

Sara said...

Looks like a fun retreat. Can't wait to see that Irish Chain as you work on it.

Miaismine said...

What fun! It sounds like you had a great time! Congratulations on using almost 60 yards thus far! Wow! Impressive!

Suzanne said...

I am like your friend...I like to visit and see what everyone else is doing. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend of sewing and friendship.

Marti said...

Wow, that is an amazing amount of usage this week. Congratulations!

I too am like your friend. I would socialize. I once went to a mystery-quilt sew-in at the LQS. I had just started quilting and thought this would be an opportunity to meet and chat with fellow quilters. Oh no. They were there to work. It reminded me of a sweat shop seen in old movies. Those ladies barely raised their heads for 8 hours. I've been curious about retreats but am afraid of a repeat performance of that mystery-quilt day.

Katie Z. said...

Good for you!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...