Saturday, January 27, 2018

Rainbow Scrappy Saturday--Blues

I've been working on the blue 30's strippy and its now quilted--


It's a pattern called Granny's Strippy by Darlene Zimmerman.  I used my 30's repro stash and 30's plain blue. 


I quilted Asher's name in the border.  Let's see if I can get the binding done by March 1st.  

The Workhouse on the Prairie opened!  Inmate Lorri2Rs was here Saturday to Thursday.  We had lots of fun, here's our selfie--

 
We have sequined slippers.  The cheerleading pompons were used A LOT!!  I don't wear my slippers all the time but 2Rs did--she said that's why she got so much done--


2Rs made me microwave bowl & plate holders and a Bionic bag.  Aren't I lucky?  She also made snowmen wall hangings.  She made two and gave one to me.  I had to do the embroidery, buttons, and binding.  Inmate 2Rs insisted I do SOMETHING other than be the Warden. 


Check out the fancy stitch she used to attach the binding--


Snowflakes!  And there's blue snowflake fabric in the border too!  We had quilting supplies--


 Plenty of chocolate.  One day we made body butter--



Its easy to make, 2Rs used geranium scented oil in hers, mine is jasmine.  If you have dry winter skin this is the best!  Shea butter, sweet almond oil and coconut oil.  A tiny tiny bit of beeswax.  The scented oil.  That's all that's in it.  

Remember when I made album blocks for two years each month for RSC?  Here is a finished quilt--


It will be donated to the McCrossan Boy's Ranch (a group home) at my next guild meeting. 

Last week I reported these finishes that also contained Album blocks or were blue--









Blue backing was dyed for all of these.  January had a LOT of blue finishes!  These also were donated to McCrossan Boy's Ranch.  There are only a few album blocks not set into a top yet.  At least one album top waiting to be quilted.  The album blocks were addicting, I could make them for another year or two!  Please see what everyone has done with blue at SoScrappy.

~Lori in South Dakota~

11 comments:

Sara said...

Great job on your projects ladies! I think the sequined slippers worked their magic.

gayle said...

I loved your album blocks when you were making them - so happy to see them all grown up! 8)

PaulaB quilts said...

All it takes is ruby or lime slippers to get things done and have such fun. You've turned out a very nice group of Quilts for boys. I love the leafy branch Quilting on the teal one.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on those RSC finishes!! They are all wonderful. What fun you and 2Rs have when you are together!! Thanks for sharing.

scraphappy said...

What a great stream of finishes! So much scrappy goodness.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

There was a lot of fun! Love the quilts, and the body butter recipe ;)

barbara woods said...

love the I am in shape i'm round

Suzanne said...

Beautiful finishes that I am sure the boys ranch will appreciate. My guild makes comfort quilts for the local Police and Fire departments to give to kids.

grammajudyb said...

I just happened on your blog from So Scrappy's ScrappyHappy Saturday! I am wondering where in SD you live? My brother worked at McCrossen Boys Ranch after college. I grew up in RC, my brother and sister still live there. I have cousins in SF area. And an Uncle and Aunt live in the capital. Small world. Love your finishes.... and your sequined slippers.

Nann said...

You two have just too much fun together! (And productive as well!)

Ellen said...

It sounds like you both had such a good time. There is nothing better than quilting with friends!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...