Monday, January 15, 2018

Sunday Stash Report and Design Wall Monday

This week I bought 7+ yds of flannel to back a quilt.  21 Fat8ths because they work for a new start I'm planning.  I'm saying 10 yds.  




Added this week--10 yds
Add YTD 25 yds
Out this week--0
Out YTD--0

Stash is ahead 25 yds

No sweat--I'm binding a project and have some others ready to go--


What's on the Design Wall??  The orange 30's project--


Two of the pieced borders are on, next I will mark the seam lines on the last two borders.  The diamonds go round the quilt and it needs to be exact to meet in the corners.  Its not that wrinkly, there are hundreds of yellow headed pins stuck in the styrofoam underneath it making bumps and lumps.

This is on the floor--



3" 9 patches I was given.  If they lay there long enough maybe an idea will pop in my head! Last week I visited the boys.  We laughed watching Max use Moustache as a "playmate"--




He carefully placed Legos on Moustache. 




Moustache saw Max's fuzzy mouse and wanted it.  Max is carefully stealing it back!  Moustache and the boys get along pretty well.  If Moustache is not in the mood he either gives fair warning with his big eyes and twitching tail, or simply leaves and goes somewhere else.  But he spends a lot of time where they are, he is a very social cat.  When Mason reads in his room Moustache naps with him.  If Laura Beth is in her office he sleeps under her desk.  


Weekly Goals--

Last two borders on the Orange project
Pick a top to quilt
Start sewing on an Irish Chain project
Cut Shuffle Pieces
Finish binding the teal quilt
Prep a backing

That will keep me busy!  2Rs is planning to visit this weekend, I need to make room for her to sew.  She will have to deal with goat trails!  I promise a clean bed, clean towels, and to love having her here!  

~Lori in South Dakota~

4 comments:

Sara said...

I have a fat warm cat laying on my foot under my desk today as I work. He spends a lot of time there if I'm working at the desk. But I can't imagine him tolerating having legos stacked on him, like Moustache.

BTW, I'm now hooked on those Ritzy Cracker blocks you've been making. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting fabrics. Look forward to seeing what you do with them. I picked up some tiny 9 patch blocks from the charity table at guild and haven't figured out what to do with them. They were just too cute. I'm be watching to see what idea you come up with.

beth s said...

What a fun post with quilts, cats and kids. Love your 30s quilt.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Moustache must be a very mellow cat. We have two in the house since it got so cold. They can be very sweet and then turn on a dime & become little demons. They're tired of being in the house so I have to let them out every so often even if the wind chill is more than 30 below. Hope you're keeping warm!

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...