Saturday, June 27, 2020

I Have a Finish!

In small bits of time I finished binding this +10 year old UFO--
78"x90" I'll say it used 16 yards.  The blue is a shade called Azure--

"Azure is a bright, cyan-blue color named after the rock lapis lazuli. It is often described as the color of the sky on a clear day. On the RGB color wheel, "azure" is defined as the color at 210 degrees, i.e., the hue halfway between blue and cyan."

I quilted it using Hyacinth Grande--

Its a  Pamela Ritter design.  I briefly thought about sending it out for heirloom quilting, but decided Laura Beth won't care and done is DONE!  I found a fence in the campground almost tall enough to hang it from, lucky me!  I used a pattern found in this book--

I'm linking with Elm Street Quilts OMG as this was my June goal. 

Lori1R in Nebraska 

7 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful - your daughter will love it. The quilting design you chose is really pretty.

Hope all is still going well with your new technology!

Sandi1100 said...

It's gorgeous! Your daughter will appreciate all the work you did.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Beautiful quilt! Blue & white quilts just can't be beat. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Patty said...

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Nann said...

The triple Irish Chain in crisp blue and white = a winner!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love blue and white and this is just timeless!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my - it's a beauty! Nice to drop by and see what you're doing! I seem to be "stuck" in self creative projects, but doing OK.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...