Saturday, June 13, 2020

Lost my Technology

No posts because my favorite tablet died.  It served me well, was in constant use for four? years.  It went EVERYWHERE with me.  The cost to fix it was ($150), so instead I shopped for a new tablet.  Because of my phone plan, the only tablet I could use was one from Verizon.  I feel they have a monopoly/strangle hold on this area.  No other company has good coverage where we live.  I like the brand, but feel Verizon has severely inflated prices.  This is what I settled for--

A Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.  Its bigger than my old tablet, I wonder if it will be as handy.  The bigger screen is nice, but will it be comfortable to read books on?  There is a small learning curve and I'm waiting for a cover, one where the tablet slides into a pocket that velcros shut.  No hard corners to force it into, and there is a soft edge around all the tablet edges with cutouts for buttons/plug ins.  I had that for my old tablet, it was very secure and protected.  The cover is magnetic, when it's closed the tablet "sleeps".

The camper and I are in Yankton.  Kind of!  I am in the state of Nebraska, but the South Dakota state line is less than a mile away.
This is my temporary site, they were doing construction next to my contractor site.  So we never unhooked, it's just easier to leave it hooked up.  

The boys and Laura Beth came to stay a few days--
they slept on an air bed.  Max crashed and hit his head--
the red dot was a depression in the metal he hit his head on, its looks like it was drawn with a marker.

No sewing, I've been too busy.  🙁

We're all dealing with the "new normal".   I'm proactive without being paranoid.  I miss HUGGING people!   Most people try to be careful.  

And the very first day I was at Walmart I saw this--
NOT a parking space and no handicap plates or placard.  Are people are just lazy and inconsiderate?  Ignorant?  Drives me crazy!  

Lori1R back in Nebraska

4 comments:

Sara said...

My iPad works perfectly with my Verizon phone plan. And I have an iPhone. Both are so easy to use. But my husband has a Samsung phone and a Surface tablet. He is always trying to figure out how to do something on his phone or tablet. I never have to worry about sharing our devices.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

So many people think they are extra-special and have no consideration for others. Even when I was have lots of trouble with a foot & ankle I hobbled to the store from a regular parking spot.

Thought you might be set up in your permanent spot by now in the campground.

A couple years ago I bought an Amazon Fire tablet and found I don't really care for tablets. Had used my son's iPad but wasn't crazy for it either. Guess I'm just a laptop girl. Verizon isn't very good here either. I thought it was just my Tracfone that's tied to the Verizon network but others with other phones don't always have much reception either. I really don't know why Verizon always brags about their coverage because it's really pretty spotty. People around here have better luck with U.S. Cellular.

cityquilter grace said...

nice looking tablet tho....oh yes people are inconsiderate and have a strong sense of entitlement--they know exactly what they are doing...i've seen those people parking at walmart and other places too...and some of them live in my senior complex too...every month Ms. magazine had a thump on the head award and these people surely deserve it....

Deborah said...

My husband just got the same Samsung Tablet and he is really likeing it. His old one was so very slow it was almost useless even though it still eventually would work. Your camping spot looks very nice.

Playing Catchup

Its been busy!  Thanksgiving has come and gone, soon it will be Christmas.  We got our vaccinations a couple weeks ago--Covid, RSV, Influena...